I write a great deal in this blog about arthritis – what it is, how it affects the body, how it affects the lifestyle of its sufferers, the numerous different disease entities that come under the “arthritis umbrella,” about arthritis research, etc.
The written words on a page, however, are never as clear as visual demonstrations and examples.
In our article Gratitude for Your Hand we enjoyed a video by Dr. Taizoon Baxamusa, an Orthopedic Surgeon at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, in which he delightfully demonstrated what a wondrous instrument is the human hand.
Now I am pleased to share with you another video by Dr. Baxamusa where he explains arthritis. This is a fascinating look at arthritis explained in an easy-to-understand way and with the use of interesting diagrams, pictures and x-ray images.
Enjoy learning a bit more about arthritis as Dr. Baxamusa covers these six points:
1) What is arthritis?
2) What happens when arthritis gets so severe that it interferes with our daily lives?
3) How does the body take attempts to stabilize arthritis?
4) Is there a correlation of x-ray images of arthritis and the severity of the symptoms?
5) What is basilar joint arthritis?
6) How do you treat arthritis?